GAP’s Instant Messaging provides the opportunity to the customers to stay in touch with their firends. Instant Messaging is a standard based presence module providing various modes of access for presence information of entities. These modes of access involve GPRS & 3G modes of wireless access. These services are also available for 3rd party integration using easy to use APIs.
Presence module is pre-integrated with Instant Messaging service based on SIP for Instant Messaging Leveraging Extensions (SIMPLE).
GAP also provides client modules for mobile access mediums to access the application and information framework. The client side application can also be used for development of applications that use presence and instant messaging.
Key Features of Instant Messaging:
- Chat is a convenient way to “be in touch”
- Chat is a useful tool to communicate in near-real-time
- SMS is a success story; IM is the next generation extension to SMS
- Look and feel of SMS, in a more interactive manner
- More value added services can be enabled through the IM channel
- Display of what you talked/typed earlier.
- “Always on” provides the right medium for Instant Messaging
- Ability to see and display a user’s online status
- Integration with other applications that can use presence information for different end user benefits
- APIs for ease of integration with any application which can exchange presence information (subscription, notification, modification etc.)
- SIP based standard system that can integrate with any other SIP based system
- Integrated Instant Messaging module for a common platform providing presence and instant messaging service
- Allows the entity to view the list of who is watching
- Management of access rights for presence information